#Twitter 4 #SocialGood bit.ly/wOndGV #MotivationMarathon (MP3) “USING TWITTER TO SHARE YOUR MESSAGE” (Highlights)
— Keith Keller(@KeithKeller) February 13, 2012
Here are some highlights from the “Motivation Marathon” event in January with Deb Scott & Elizabeth Hamilton-Guarino.
Find out more about “MOTIVATION MARATHON”
Using Twitter To Share Your Message (Part 1)
On this call I shared lots of great ways to use Twitter to share your message with the world - here are a few of my favourites.
- Be a resource not a salesperson Twitter is about sharing information and resources NOT selling ‘stuff’. This may sound counter-intuitive but it is the essence of Social Media marketing.
- Write a strong bio that will inspire potential clients and joint venture partners to follow you
- Add a photo or company graphic There is significant evidence to prove that people who do this get more followers and retweets
- Remember the 80/20 Rule – It’s not all about you 4 out of 5 tweets should be of value to your followers and not sales related. Only 1 out of every 5 tweets (minimum) should be a sales related message. 1 out of 10 however is a far better ratio if you can manage it.
- SHARE - SHARE –SHARE (This is Twitter101) Share great articles and interact with your followers…this is the essence of how Twitter works.
TWITTER IS THE INFORMATION NETWORK (2 minutes)
Keep up the great work Keith! The awesome passion you have for Twitter and social media is inspiring.
Thanks Garin – That really means a lot coming from you – Cheers Keith